What do I get?
- High quality, seasoned firewood delivered to your door
- Opportunities to come out into the woods and see what we’re doing
- A newsletter about Blackbark’s woodland projects and events
- Advice on efficient burning of wood
How much does it cost?
You can invest as much as you want. For winter 2013/14, we are trialling a sliding scale payment system so that using wood as a fuel remains affordable to as many people as possible. Our better-off customers are asked to pay slightly more so that those with less money can still afford to use the Firebox scheme. This relies entirely on trust and honesty, you must self-diagnose your wealth :) There are three price bands: £75 per cubic metre for those on no- or low-income, £85 per cubic metre for those on an average income, and £95 per cubic metre for those on a high income.
Your investment will allow…
- Restoration of neglected woodland and establishment of coppice rotations
- Planning of firewood sales to ensure a reliable supply
- Investment in seasoning and storage facilities and essential equipment
- Training of local craftspeople
Simply print out this form, fill it out and send it to us along with a cheque. In the near future it will be possible to join online. Until then, please bear with the snail mail.
If you have any questions at all, please email email@example.com or call Hywel on 07816 585661.